Religious Land Use and Zoning Leaders

National RLUIPA Experience to Help You Grow

When Should We Get a Religious Land Use Lawyer Involved?

Written by Noel Sterett on December 11, 2019 Category: RLUIPA
Spread the love

Churches, mosques, temples, synagogues and other religious institutions can often resolve religious land use and zoning matters without having to file a lawsuit or set foot in a courtroom. This is especially true when a religious land use and zoning attorney is involved early on.

As attorney Noel Sterett explains in this video, one opportunity for early assistance is to review the local zoning code to see if it complies with federal law, work with local zoning officials to help them understand what the federal law requires of them and why a religious land use should be approved.

Free Religious Land Use & Zoning Guides

Have you recently purchased a building or land and discovered you can’t use it because it isn’t zoned for religious assembly? Learn how to navigate the process and win the right to use your property.

Download Now


Noel has never had a client tell him they wished they had waited longer to get him involved. He explains that religious institutions like churches, mosques, temples and synagogues benefit from understanding their rights early on in the process. This includes rights under the federal Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Person Act, also known as RLUIPA.

If you have experienced a religious land use zoning denial or have questions about your rights under RLUIPA, contact us today.

Leave a Reply

About Us


Dalton & Tomich, PLC is the national leader in successfully helping churches, other religious institutions and their insurers defend their rights in land use and zoning matters under RLUIPA, the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act. We have helped clients win cases against municipalities and other local government bodies from coast to coast, with experience serving both as general counsel and special litigation counsel.